Full Stack Engineer
Who we are
Infinity Works is a leading software, IT and Digital engineering consultancy. We help our clients solve hard technical problems in a wide variety of domains using a diverse set of technology stacks.
We're looking for people with the soul of an engineer; people who’ll roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the kind of projects where others fear to tread.
It may sound daunting, but it’s fun too – we work hard, but we play hard as well. Because when we do something great, we’re not shy about celebrating it. If you'd like to read more about Infinity Works, head over to our website: www.infinityworks.com.
Why are we hiring?
We've got some fantastic customers working with exciting technologies such as;
- Java 8
- Spring Boot
But we are more than just software... we are full stack engineers. This means you will regularly be working with the latest DevOps tooling such as Terraform & Prometheus and deploying to popular cloud platforms including AWS, Azure & Google Compute. We don't expect applicants to have such a broad experience in all cases, but we love investing in our employees to enable them to grow into full stack engineers across multiple platforms & languages.
What's in it for me?
The aim is for Infinity Works to help broaden your skills and allow you to become more of a technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle.
You will primarily be focused on hands on engineering of consumer and business related applications and as such will have an expert understanding of software engineering best practices such as effective source control, code reviews, daily builds, and automated deployments. You are equally at home with cloud, Internet related technologies, protocols and languages along with lean / agile development techniques and Devops culture all working as part of a team.
Above all, you can write highly efficient, stable, secure, maintainable and performant code. And understand the difference between engineering and over-engineering.
What level is the role?
We try to operate the flattest company structure possible, that said we recognise progression is important to our staff. As a consultancy, this is measured by the value we deliver to our customers. The below table operates as a rough guide of the how our positions stack up.
Where is the role?
We have open positions in our London office. We have a couple of new squads taking shape and are looking for new members to help one of our clients implement transition one of their key products, working with them all the time to improve and innovate.
We're looking for an senior engineer with skills in Java as well as exposure to a number of other technologies. You will have worked around multiple parts of the software lifecycle.
Things we're looking for:
- Demonstrated experience with Java and modern frameworks such as Spring Boot.
- Experience with other development languages such as Scala, Go, C++, C#, Python, React, Node.js, Kotlin, scripting language such as Bash and PHP would also be beneficial.
- Source code management systems such as Git, build tools such as Maven and CI tools such as Jenkins or Concourse.
- Experience in relational and non-relational databases such as Oracle, Cassandra & MongoDB.
- Modern messaging systems such as RabbitMQ & Kafka.
- Several years engineering enterprise services in multiple industries.
- Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies.
These would be great too, but aren't essential:
- Experience with IaaS services such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform or similar.
- Exposure to virtualisation or container technology like Docker and Vagrant
- Log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus or similar.
- Integration and Messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka and Camel.
We believe that our team should be rewarded for their efforts, so we offer a great salary along with a number of things that are designed to make life just a little easier.
- Competitive Salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Death in Service
- Childcare Vouchers
- Financial Advice Service
- Hiring Bonuses
- My Work/Life Solutions Voucher Scheme
- Northern Rail Pass Discount Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Training and conference oppotunites
A Career, Not a Job
At Infinity Works we work hard to ensure that nobody gets stuck in a rut doing the same old thing. We strive to learn something new every day put those new skills use as soon as possible. Our varied client base and technology agnostic approach to problem solving means we regularly offer our staff new challenges without having to hit the job market and start over.
Our team members work end to end on projects so that everyone gets the satisfaction of seeing a job finished. Everyone has an advocate to help them get the very best support and ensure they get the most out of their time at Infinity Works. We regularly rotate team members through accounts to offer them opportunities to learn new things and strengthen our teams with new perspectives.