Infinity Works is a leading software, IT and Digital engineering consultancy which helps our clients solve hard technical problems in a wide variety of domains using a diverse set of technology stacks.
We’ve got some phenomenal customers working with exciting technologies, for example:
- Apache Spark
- Amazon Web Services
- NoSQL databases
- Java 8
We don’t expect you to have such a broad experience in all cases, but we love investing in our employees to enable them to grow into highly skilled engineers across multiple platforms & languages. We would expect the following as a minimum:
- Some AWS experience
- Willingness to learn other languages and technologies
As a result, you will regularly be working with the latest technologies and tools and deploying to popular cloud platforms.
Do you have the soul of an engineer; someone who’ll roll up their sleeves and focus on delivering high quality, end to end systems?
If you have commercial software engineering experience and a real passion for data but maybe haven't had the chance to tackle data problems at scale then we want you.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to get hands-on exposure with systems that cover the entire data lifecycle - from ingestion to machine learning and analytics.
It would be good if you have some of these:
- Proven experience in one or more languages employed in data systems - e.g. Python, Scala, Java.
- Comfortable working on client sites alongside engineers and data scientists.
- Exposure to cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
- Familiarity with relational and non relational databases.
- Data pipeline technologies, eg: Apache Spark
- Multi functional team working in a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies.
- Source code management systems such as Git, CI tools such as CircleCI or Jenkins, various testing methodologies.
These would be great too, but aren’t essential:
- Understanding of machine learning principles and libraries.
- Hands-on delivery of software systems across several industries.
- MSc or PhD in computer science, data science or similar.
- Exposure to streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Flink.
- Log management and monitoring solutions such as Elasticsearch, Splunk, Prometheus or similar.
- Web technologies and frameworks such as Spring Boot, React or AngularJS.
You begin life at Infinity Works as an engineer with an interest in data. The aim is to broaden your skills and become a technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full data life cycle.
Don't worry if you've never solved a large scale data problem in production. You will be pairing up with expert fellow engineers in order to accelerate your transition to a data engineer.
In time, you will also contribute to the evolution of the data practice within Infinity Works.
We believe that our team should be rewarded for their efforts, so we offer a great salary along with a number of things that are designed to make life just a little easier for you.
- Competitive Salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Death in Service
- Childcare Vouchers
- Financial Advice Service
- Hiring Bonuses
- My Work/Life Solutions Voucher Scheme
- Northern Rail Pass Discount Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care